When you use our Site, make a booking, or otherwise deal with us, we may collect your personal information. The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name, including your legal first name and last name (to create your account, or to allow you to book services)
- your contact details, including email address and/or telephone number (so we can contact you)
- your credit card or payment details (through our third party payment processor);
- your preferences and/or opinions (this helps us improve our Site and services);
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- your sensitive information as set out below;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We never sell or rent your personal information. We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- so you can make bookings via the Site;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- other third party service providers who help us provide our services, including (without limitation) IT service providers and payment services providers;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you acknowledge that some third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Provided you consent, your sensitive information may only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected, being the reservation and booking of accommodation services.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Anonymity: Where practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us.
Restrict: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These are cookies that allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our Site and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|This cookie stores the currency used for the Site (AUD)
|This cookie stores the language used for the Site (English)
|This cookie contains a unique ID to support functions (for example last viewed products) to improve user experience
|This cookie is stored once the user has completed or closed the Register Pop Up, preventing it from re-appearing until after 7 days
|_ga / _gid / _gat
|These cookies are used by our Google Analytics account to track customer traffic through the website to help us understand how our website is being used by our customers
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Links to other websites
The information, text, graphics, images, sounds, links and all other information and software published or otherwise contained on this site (“the contents”) are the exclusive property of Wildernest and, except as authorised on this site, may not be copied, distributed, displayed, reproduced or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Wildernest.
Wildernest strives to ensure that the contents of this site are accurate and reliable. However errors and/or omissions may occur Wilderenst disclaims any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever relating to this website and any links to or from this website, including, without limitation, warranties as to merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose.
Wildernest does not warrant the accuracy, currency or completeness of the contents, Wildernest will from time to time revise the contents and/or the products, services and resources described on this site, and reserves the right to make such changes without any obligation to notify past, current or prospective visitors or users of this site.
Wilderenst shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the use of (or inability to use) the property, this website or its contents.
The owner takes no responsibility for the guests’ personal property at any time inside either T1, T2 or The Stringy Bark Hut or on the grounds.